Code in the Community 2.0 (CITC 2.0) Programme
1. The Code in the Community 2.0 (CITC 2.0) programme offers free coding classes to disadvantaged students. The programme is supported by Google and Infocomm Media Development Agency (IMDA), and managed by Saturday Kids.
2. Taking alignment with the national posture, CITC 2.0 has moved online. The next run will be held over 8 weekends from 17 Jul to 5 Sep. Students are required to have a laptop/ PC with stable internet connection for the CITC 2.0 online classes. Smartphones, iPads and tablets are incompatible.
3. Students may opt for the following courses based on age.
(a) Level 1 Scratch courses (for 8-12 years old)
Students will learn the basics of computational thinking to develop a foundation of computer science as they create their own animated mini-games using the block-based Scratch programming language; or
(b) Level 1 Python courses (for 13-16 years old)
Students will learn basic computer science concepts through the text-based Python programming language to code their own adventure story.
Level 2 classes, which are only open to students who have completed CITC’s Level 1 classes, are suspended until further notice.
4. Please refer to attached flyer for information on eligibility criteria. Students who meet the above criteria may sign up at http://www.codeinthecommunity.com/registration.
5. Registration for the limited places are on first-come-first-served basis. Parents who missed the registration and are keen on subsequent runs may indicate your interest at http://bit.ly/citc_2021. Saturday Kids will invite these parents to register first when registration opens for the next run, before opening the registration to the public.
6. For more information about CITC 2.0, please visit http://www.codeinthecommunity.com. Please email email@example.com for any course-specific queries.
7. Thank you.